To mark the opening of this new subforum at ILP (first time we've had an "open" forum readable by visitors), I thought we'd start off with something fun and not too threatening.
As you can see, this contest is titled, "Why do you love photography?" That is the question put to you and our members. Why is it that you strive so intensely week after week at this craft... why do you go at it at least one more time even when yesterday may have produced less than satisfying results? Are we nuts, or is there some holy grail we are after? Please let us know how you would describe your method of photo madness! There are some prizes up for grabs if you do.
Rules: Describe to us why you love photography... what's behind your motivation. You may include an image if you'd like but it's optional, since this is NOT a photo contest but more an essay contest. If you include an image, please make it 450 x 550 pixels (for possible ILP cover use), vertical format; color or b/w, anything goes, except please keep nudity to a minimum, thanks. Your submission can be of any length, but let's assume a 1000 word max limit. Contest will end around February 21, 2012. Even if you don't submit an entry, please vote by "liking" your favorite essays. You may like more than one post!
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- The post with the most "likes" will win his/her choice of 3 prizes listed below.
- Second most likes will win his/her choice of 2 prizes from remaining prizes.
- Third most likes win choice of 1 prize from remaining prizes.
- I will choose one "editor's choice" winner, who win's his/her choice of 1 prize from the remaining prizes.
- One post will be chosen purely at random, and will win the remaining prize.
- When composing your essay, keep in mind that all can read this forum, even visitors.
- Please note that prizes are subject to whether they can be delivered to your location by the prize sponsor. If you win, please check first with the sponsor about delivery of any physical items.
1 $50 gift certificate to Posh Prints & Design. Also: Use coupon code: ILP2012 for 15% off your order until 2013 http://www.poshprintsanddesign.com
One Ottoman Posing Beanbag from the USA SHOOT BABY!™ Store Value: $95.00 USD http://www.shootbaby.com
$100 credit at Sarah Gourdie Designs http://www.sarahgourdiedesigns.com
$50 gift certificate to Kate Parker's http://www.thepolishedphotographer.com
One backdrop from http://Imajenbackdrops.com
One admission to any of Andrea Joki's class webinars from the Photographers Learning Resource. Good any time through 2012. http://www.photolearningresource.com
20x30 Gallery-wrapped Canvas from Simply Color Lab.
Also, for all ILPers until March 15th: $25 toward a Gallery Wrapped Canvas at Simply Color Lab. Offer expires
3-15-2012 and is not valid with other promotions and discounts. Use Promo
$100 in free retouching services at http://RetouchUp.com. "A great tool to keep in your back pocket for when you need to be in three places at once."
Please spread the word, and remember to "like" your favorite entries! Thanks everyone!