#212 OFFLINE   Catherine H

Catherine H

ILP Member

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • 110 thanks
  • Joined 15-July 09

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Oh my word. I just went through all 14 pages and WOW, there are really incredible images submitted here!! Geesh! I'm very happy I'm not the one deciding the winner!

My littlest. She is the sweetest, gentlest soul. Shot w/my 50 1.4, ss 1/640

Oh, this is just so sweet and perfect! Gorgeous light! :)
  • Amber A gives thanks for this

#213 OFFLINE   kalhayd

kalhayd

You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it

• Members
  • 2,243 posts
  • 716 thanks
  • Joined 28-December 10

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Win are the winners announced?

#214 OFFLINE   heatherlabau

heatherlabau

ILP Member

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Joined 18-September 06

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Even though my dd is only 6... she says to me, "Mom, I really like that little pink flower I'm holding, but how come you didn't photoshop the grass stains off my tights?" I don't know if that's innocent or not, but of course I wanted to capture who she really is with those grass stains...a beautiful little girl who likes to get rough and tumbly too!

Shot at 68mm
EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
f/2.8
ISO 100
1/500 sec

Attached Images

• HeatherLaBauPhotography_0131.jpg

#215 OFFLINE   clindroos

clindroos

ILP Member

• ILP Pro
  • 2,284 posts
  • 889 thanks
  • Joined 19-November 09

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Contest ends April 30, so I imagine the first week of May.
  • Eddie gives thanks for this

#216 OFFLINE   lauramo

lauramo

ILP Member

• ILP Advanced
  • 2,560 posts
  • 1589 thanks
  • Joined 08-June 09

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Oh my word. I just went through all 14 pages and WOW, there are really incredible images submitted here!! Geesh! I'm very happy I'm not the one deciding the winner!

I'm the worst competitor ever, cuz here I am totally and 10000% promoting THIS image over my own. Amber, if you had entered this picture at the very beginning it would have a quadrillion votes by now. This picture is perfect. Perfectly innocent and beyond sweet. :wub:
  • Amber A and sallykate like this

#217 OFFLINE   JumpingJack

JumpingJack

Photography turned my world upside down

• ILP Pro
  • 4,565 posts
  • 3794 thanks
  • Joined 06-April 10

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm the worst competitor ever, cuz here I am totally and 10000% promoting THIS image over my own. Amber, if you had entered this picture at the very beginning it would have a quadrillion votes by now. This picture is perfect. Perfectly innocent and beyond sweet. :wub:

Eddie is the one choosing the winner, though, so no need to stress over the number of "votes." :) I do NOT envy him the job of choosing, though!
  • Amber A and Tamella like this

#218 OFFLINE   Amber A

Amber A

ILP Member

• ILP Pro
  • 3,508 posts
  • 1318 thanks
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Laura, you are WAY too sweet!! <3 Thanks, girl. I know Eddie is the one who will be choosing a winner and with so many gorgeous entries, it'll be a difficult task, for sure! I'm in no way stressing over "votes" or no votes! I think Laura was just talking about likes and such, not so much actual votes? I think! Anyway, thanks for the beautiful comments everyone :wub:

#219 OFFLINE   kalhayd

kalhayd

You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it

• Members
  • 2,243 posts
  • 716 thanks
  • Joined 28-December 10

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Contest ends April 30, so I imagine the first week of May.

Thank you! I am sure that was posted somewhere and I just missed it! So many heart felt images! Can't wait to see the winners!

#220 OFFLINE   CSchulze

CSchulze

ILP Member

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 26-January 11

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

innocence.jpg

I took this picture when this sweet baby was only 3 days old. Her tiny, soft features scream innocence...
I don't have studio lighting equpiment yet so I cheated by using a lightscoop. Because of this, my settings had to be set at iso 800, f-stop 2.8, and shutter speed at 200.

#221 OFFLINE   Lacey Photography

Lacey Photography

ILP Member

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • 8 thanks
  • Joined 15-June 11

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

50mm
1.8m
ss320

She was letting me test the light of the window. _MG_9276dpp-2web copy.jpg

#222 OFFLINE   lsb

lsb

ILP Member

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • Joined 02-April 06

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Mikey is a very active 3 year old. He was non stop motion and only paused when he found these dandelions. D700 camera using a 70-200 2.8 lens - ISO 400 / 195mm / f5.6 / ss 200
LSB_9253 a web.jpg

#223 OFFLINE   LauraJ

LauraJ

ILP Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Joined 14-April 08

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Posted Image
S/S 500, f2.8 ISO 320
This image is my little spit fire's first visit to the ocean. We arrived very late in the day, but none the less it was just as special for her to sink her toes in the sand finally (after a long day in the car) as the sun set. I was capturing images of my other two as well, who were facing the sun. I turned and saw her standing and took a shot, but then realized I was still set up for a brighter exposure. It's a bit underexposed, but the mommy in me had to catch her taking in the wonder of it all.

Amazing images here! Glad I'm not Eddie having to decide on who the winners are!
  • Erica and MYJI like this

#224 OFFLINE   AJpiggy

AJpiggy

ILP Member

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Joined 21-September 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

contest.jpg
ISO200, F 3.2, 1/1000, 50 mm.
I am not a pro, just a stay at home mom who takes a lot of pictures of my children. This is my almost 3 year old with the chicks she got a couple of weeks before Easter. We had planned to make up a story about the Easter bunny coming to take them back to their mommy on Easter. (so that we didnt have to keep them.) But after we saw how much she loved them, we now have a mansion of a chicken coop in the backyard. These chicks get to do all sorts of fun things.This picture was taken when she decided they needed to go for a wagon ride. They kept jumping out of the wagon so she rode with them and held them. I must have 100 pictures of her with her chicks, but I thought this one captured "innocence" best.
  • Rayapig123 gives thanks for this

#225 OFFLINE   LauraJ

LauraJ

ILP Member

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • Joined 14-April 08

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

contest.jpg
ISO200, F 3.2, 1/1000, 50 mm.
I am not a pro, just a stay at home mom who takes a lot of pictures of my children. This is my almost 3 year old with the chicks she got a couple of weeks before Easter. We had planned to make up a story about the Easter bunny coming to take them back to their mommy on Easter. (so that we didnt have to keep them.) But after we saw how much she loved them, we now have a mansion of a chicken coop in the backyard. These chicks get to do all sorts of fun things.This picture was taken when she decided they needed to go for a wagon ride. They kept jumping out of the wagon so she rode with them and held them. I must have 100 pictures of her with her chicks, but I thought this one captured "innocence" best.

I just wanted to tell you that we got chicks last year, and my children love them! They are a wonderful addtion to our family and yard! Our chickens, or all the single ladies as I refer to them as (from Beyonce's song) now give us at least 6 eggs a day and are great entertainment! You will not be sorry you kept them! : )
  • AJpiggy gives thanks for this